Carrot Tomato Soup
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 1 c. carrots, chopped
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 1 c. small tomatoes (yellow pear or cherry), cut in halves
- 2 t. "Better than Bouillon" - chicken
- 2 c. water
- 3 large Romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a 1 1/2 -quart pan. Saute onions and carrots 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bouillon. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add water and lettuce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve in two bowls, each sprinkled with 10 - 20 drops of Tabasco sauce.
Adjust the spicy level to your taste with the Tabasco sauce.
Up a Level Return to Home Page