Cajun Red Beans & Rice
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 3-ounce andouille sausages, chopped
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's) to taste.
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a wok or 2-quart pan. Saute sausage, celery, onion, and peppers 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, oregano and Cajun seasoning and saute 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid) and 1/4 cup water.
- Partially mash beans, add and boil. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Adjust the spicy level to your taste with the Creole seasoning.
Andouille sausage might be spicy enough to not need additional seasoning.
Up a Level Return to Home Page