Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lb. frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds and walnuts and/or pepitas
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 T rice vinegar
- Spread chopped nuts and pepitas on cookie sheet, bake 10 minutes in 300 deg-F oven.
- Meanwhile boil 1 quart of water. Add broccoli and blanch 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Put olive oil and vinegar in lidded jar and shake to blend.
- Mix all ingredients in a salad bowl and serve.
Based on a recipe from Chaparral House Skilled Nursing Community, Berkeley, California. 2018
Up a Level Return to Home Page