Black Bean Chili
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 25 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
- 2 T. mild olive oil
- 2 c. yellow onion, chopped (one large onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 2 T. chopped jalapeno peppers ("tamed")
- 2 T. chili powder
- 1 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/2 t. Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 2 c. frozen yellow corn kernels
- Heat olive oil in a wok. Stir fry onions and garlic 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and stir fry 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid) and beans (without liquid), corn and spices. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve with toasted tortillas and topped with grated cheese, chopped green onions, cilantro and/or Greek yogurt (your choice).
Adjust the spicy level to your taste with the Creole seasoning, jalapenos and chili powder.
Up a Level Return to Home Page