Beef & Black Bean Chili
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
- 1 T. mild olive oil
- 1 c. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. flame-roasted red peppers (canned), chopped
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. paprika
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 - 2 t. Creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's)
- 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. black beans
- Heat olive oil in a 1-quart pan. Stir fry onions and garlic 5 minutes.
- Add beef and spices. Stir fry 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with liquid) and beans (with liquid). Simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese, avocado, and/or Greek yogurt (your choice).
Adjust the spicy level to your taste with the Creole seasoning.
Based on a recipe from the San Franisco Chronicle, 12/27/15.
Up a Level Return to Home Page