Baked Salmon with Apricot Glaze
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 lb. center-cut skinless salmon fillets
- 12 oz. apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. low-salt soy sauce
- 2 t. minced garlic
- 1/8 t. Cajun red pepper seasoning
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t. dried ginger
- Mix all ingredients except salmon in a sauce pan.
- Simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until volume of this glaze is reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, cut salmon into 4 pieces and debone with a needle-nose pliers.
- Make a shallow pan with aluminum foil and put salmon on it.
- Spoon glaze on top of salmon and let sit 5 minutes.
- Bake salmon 10 minutes in preheated 450 deg. F oven. If salmon is less than 1 1/2 inches think, reduce time accordingly.
- Spoon on more glaze and broil salmon 3 - 5 minutes to carmelize glaze. Don't let it burn.
- Good served with rice and steamed baby vegetables.
Based on a recipe learned in a cooking class on a Holland-America Alaskan cruise, June 2012.
Up a Level Return to Home Page